Donate


Thursday, October 27, 2005

Stephen Pollard - the Fan of War, Destruction and Killing

Stephen Pollard, the man who once wrote; ''I am a warmonger. I am bloodthirsty. I am rabid. My friends want only peace and harmony, but I want to wreak destruction and killing', accuses me on his website of being a 'fan of ethnic cleansers'. It's rather like being labelled a supporter of violence by Adolf Hitler.
I have never written a single line, or uttered a single word in support of 'ethnic cleansing'. And neither have I ever been an 'apologist for mass murder' - another unsubstantiated- and indeed libellous claim often made by Pollard.
Pollard is of course referring to my opposition to the trial of Slobodan Milosevic at the Hague. For Pollard and his gang of serial regime changers (they're gunning for Syria now), Milosevic is guilty as charged. But for the rest of us, who believe in that quaint old notion that a man is innocent until proven guilty the case against Milosevic has in no way been proven. But of course, neo-conservatives don't let little things like the absence of evidence get in their way. These were the people who after all, told us day after day that Iraq possessed WMDS......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"neither have I ever been an 'apologist for mass murder' - another unsubstantiated- and indeed libellous claim often made by Pollard."

By "often" you mean "once, in a personal e-mail to me, which I then chose to publish".

If Pollard's claim about you really is libellous, then:
(1) Why did you decide to be the first person to publish it?
(2) Either sue him, or stop whining about it.

Anglonoel said...

Next time you get a war mongering rant from the likes of Stephen Pollard, Mark Steyn, David Aaronovitch, Christopher Hitchens & all those chicken hawks in the Wall Street Journal it is worth remembering the words of George Orwell from Homage to Catalonia:

"The people who write that kind of stuff never fight; possibly they believe that to write it is a substitute for fighting. It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever gets near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propaganda-tours."